London Road Picture Palace
This unassuming building, originally an engine works, was converted into a basic cinema with wooden benches on a flat floor and could hold 700 people. Closing as a cinema in 1957, it has been used as a series of warehouses since then. Looking at it now, it’s hard to imagine it as a place of entertainment!
Image credit: Chris Doak