4 Orr Street
Built as a variety theatre by Frank Matcham (same architect as the King's Theatre), the Olympia spent most of its life as a cinema, making it a fitting home today for the first BFI Mediatheque outside of London. Opening in 1911 for variety the interior was rebuilt to better suit cinema use in 1938. Renamed the ABC in 1963, it continued as a cinema until 1974. Later a bingo hall, and a furniture warehouse, it sat derelict for over ten years until being saved and rebuilt as a new home for Bridgeton Library and the film-focused BFI Mediatheque, which opened in 2013.