59 James Street, G40 1BZ
Constructed as a drill hall (complete with flat floor), then later turned into a skating rink, the King's opened as a cinema in 1910 and was later visited by Laurel and Hardy, amongst other stars. The frontage was upgraded in the 1930s with a dramatic vertical neon sign, but by the late 1950s it had closed. The building is now a warehouse, with a few fragments of its cinema interior –including some decorative ventilation grilles on the ceiling – can still be seen to this day.
Image credit: ScottishCinemas.org