Hampden

Hampdenph 05 01 detail

91 Westmoreland Street
1920-1969

The Hampden opened in 1920, and was described as having 'bug-resistant, leather tip-up seats.' Seating just over 1,000 people, it was never a grand cinema, and was being run by the Green family when it closed in 1969. After that it had a variety of uses — bingo hall, cycling club, and a social club. It was demolished in 2007, and a community garden is currently on the site.

Image credit: ScottishCinemas.org