286 - 326 Sauchiehall Street
The Regal was the Scottish flagship for ABC Cinemas, and has a varied history of entertainment use dating back to 1875. Originally holding a Diorama – a giant static painted backdrop of a famous battle, it was later an Ice Skating Palace, the home of Hengler's Circus and then a Palais de Danse before being rebuilt and re-opened as a cinema in 1929. In its ice skating days, the building was the venue of the first ever film show in Glasgow, held on 26th May 1896.
Image credit: ScottishCinemas.org