35 Argyle Street
A roller-skating rink was converted into a cinema here in 1910, and was so successful it was dramatically rebuilt in art deco style inside and out in the 1930s. Originally the Argyle Electric Theatre, its name was also modernised to simply the Argyle, by which time it held over 1200 people. Closing around 1960, nothing is left of the dramatic interior, with the entrance to Argyle Street Low Level station now taking up much of the site.
Image credit: CTA Archive