Kingsway

Kingsway1 detail

160 Battlefield Road
1922-1962

Designed by James McKissack - the same architect that later created the GFT - the Kingsway had an unusual curving façade in a spanish-american style. Sold to the Singleton family in 1950, it was renamed the Vogue, and was soon a part-time bingo hall. It sat empty since 1986, and despite being made a listed building in 1993, was controversially demolished for flats that now fill the site.