33 Sinclair Drive
Although this cinema is long demolished, some stained glass windows from it - featuring its name, the Mayfair - can be seen on display at the Riverside Museum. Reports from the opening ceremony in 1934 claim the local councillor "talked at excruciating length about the benefits of cinema to tired businessmen and weary housewives"! Seating over 1300 people, the cinema was run by ABC from shortly after opening to its closure in 1973, after which it was a warehouse for several years before being flattened.
Image credit: CTA Archive