146 Kilmarnock Road
Built for showman Harry Wincour, the Embassy was officially opened by showbiz royalty Harry Lauder on the 3rd of February 1936. It was situated on Kilmarnock Road, more or less where the far end of Shawlands Arcade is today. Despite its grand looks, and being built with a full stage and dressing rooms, it lasted less than 30 years before being demolished.
Image credit: CTA Archive