Partick Picture House

Partick detail

14 Vine Street
1912-1962

This unusually designed cinema featured greek masks above the doorway, and a unicorn's head on the façade! Opened in 1912, it was rebuilt three times after going on fire, the last time while showing a film ironically called The Burning Hills! After a few years as a warehouse, it was demolished to allow Partick Bus Station to be created on the site. The architect, Albert Gardner, also had a hand in designing the Grosvenor.

Image credit: Chris Doak