Western (Garrick)

Cta western detail

197 Dumbarton Road
1916-1966

A small cinema of around 900 seats, right next to the Star Palace, the Garrick survived until the late 1960s, renamed the Western. By this time it had been expanded along Dumbarton Road, with a dramatic sunburst motif above the entrance as an early example of art-deco inspired styling. It was demolished in 1979.

Image credit: CTA Archive