Gilmorehill G12

G12 2005 detail

University Avenue
1997-present

Opened as the Anderson Free Church in 1877, and used by Glasgow University as an exam hall from 1950. The building was refurbished in 1997 as home to the Film, TV and Theatre Studies Department, with offices, theatre, a small cinema, cafe and rehearsal space. There were 138 seats in the Andrew Stewart cinema, and when it opened it had the ability to show both 16 and 35mm films.

Image credit: ScottishCinemas.org